Aug 21, 2008

Up and Running

This has been a very busy summer. I have completely changed my web site with a new URL www.meganparksphotography.com

I have not posted since May, but plan on doing so at least weekly. I set some goals for myself this year, and so far have reached and in some cases surpassed my plans. That is a good thing!!! Bad part, the blog came last until now.

I will be posting information and tips for any level photographer. My latest biggie is the www.garyfong.com Whale Tail light diffuser. Wow!!! The first thing I shot was a praying mantis my husband found out in the pasture. This was shot at 8p, low light at s/1000 f/5.6 ISO 200 using the WhaleTai.l It allowed the background to go to full dark which made it look like I had shot it in a studio. My husband is holding the branch, and it was very light outside. The possibilities are endless!

Tomorrow night I will be shooting at Will Rogers Coliseum for www.BrandedFlair.org. I have been their official photographer for a number of years. It all started when I lost my Dad to cancer, and felt somehow I needed to give back to others fighting this terrible disease. 100% of the proceeds go to Cooks Children's Hospital Palliative Care. Last year they were able to donate over $200k, this year we are already at $195k, and have not had a single fundraising event yet!! Wow.

I would encourage everyone out there to get your check ups, Yes men too need mammograms!!!

More to come soon!

for another fun photographer look at
www.cyndieplanck.com if you are in the Oregon area she's Da Bomb!

Meg

No comments: