Sep 3, 2008

HOWDIDYOUDODAT


Loving photography as I do, and my western lifestyle here in the Fort Worth area is a match made in heaven. My favorite place is Will Rogers Coliseum, year 'round. It has so many different opportunities to chronicle life. I am often asked about the yellow appearance of my images. This is from the lighting there, not photoshop! I strongly advise using a mono pod to get a slow action image such as this one, and take a deep breath when firing the shutter.

I get quite a few emails as to how I created the night shots for Jerry Durant Toyota.
One hot shoe mounted flash (Nikon Sb800) a tripod and a flash light. I recommend playing around with very long exposures, and in the end, I have picked up the camera itself and walked around with it too.



This is a metaphor of my life.

Old vs New, Unexpected Places, Directions.

The old town in the background, I am from Hollywood, not Texas. The background represents my past and my future. The speeding lights/neon are my past city life. The old town is my new life, more solid real and wonderful. But I am going from the new to the old town life. Backwards or forwards?

Night, my time, time of quiet, alone, expressions, gathering energy, no sleeping, only cool time right now, my best creative time.

Color - Golden - Golden moment in my life.

Me, moving about, experimenting, never staying still, satisfied, happy, creative. A culmination of decades of what seemed aimless direction solidified with this car,this moment, this time. my future, modern, bright and going places, fast. Open road, the world is what I can make it. No limits No restrictions No Rules.